View Single Post
Old March 2 2013, 02:06 AM   #267
Christopher
Writer

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
If I may, Christopher, I have a question: you've mentioned that Rigel is featuring in the novel - just how prominent is the Rigel system (if telling us won't be revealing too much, of course)?
Actually all I said was that I'd done some thinking about the Rigel system as background for the Rise of the Federation setting. I've thought about a lot of aspects of that setting that won't necessarily be featured in A Choice of Futures, because I've approached it as a potential series.

That said, the Rigel system is visited in the course of ACoF, but it isn't explored in depth... yet.

He's specifically wondered "why wasn't Rigel among the UFP founders when it was represented at the Coalition conference?", so if this novel is exploring the early UFP-Rigel relationship I can't think of a better entry point to Trek lit.
The Good That Men Do established that the Rigelians were scared off from joining the Coalition by the acts of Terra Prime. Presumably that was why they didn't join the UFP at first either.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote