View Single Post
Old March 2 2013, 01:28 AM   #5335
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

sojourner wrote: View Post
Kirk55555, would it help you enjoy the Nolan Batman films if you thought of them as a DC Elseworlds trilogy?
I don't think so. If it was a superhero movie with, say, I hero the writers made up, it may change a few things. Like I said earlier, Ledger's character was a good psychopath. He had potential to be interesting as a psychotic villain, and if he was a new villain with none of the history I could actually see myself being interesting in the character. But, as the Joker, he just doesn't work. He doesn't feel like Joker at all, and I already posted about my problems with him as Joker. Besides that, though, the movie is still flawed. It was WAY too long for the story it was telling, and it was really slow. Bale's performance is still bad, and his character would still be whiney. The butler/confidant/Alfred character would still be annoying and unhelpful to the main character, and Rachel would still be a lackluster romantic interest. I wouldn't have so much hate for it if it weren't Batman, and taking it on its own without a franchise to live up to it probably wouldn't be the worst movie I've ever seen, but it would still be bad. As it is, being a batman movie means it has to live up to more standards than a superhero movie not tied to the Batman franchise, but even without taking that into account its still not a good movie, it just wouldn't be quite as horrible.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote