View Single Post
Old March 1 2013, 10:07 PM   #34
Christopher
Writer

Re: Enterprise: Exec wanted "Top Bands" on the show

feek61 wrote: View Post
Maybe one of the stupidest ideas I've heard regarding Trek. Talk about a disconnect!!
Well, I can kind of see what the executive's point of view was. After all, album cross-promotions have long been an important source of revenue for the small networks -- first The WB and UPN, now The CW. It's something they do on a number of their shows and it helps keep them in business. So probably this executive's specific job was, in part, to look for opportunities to incorporate album/band promotions into any and every show the network made. I doubt he saw Enterprise as a natural fit, but he was trying to figure out a way to make it happen anyway because that was part of his job, his particular responsibilities and priorities. The show's creators make the show their top priority, but the network executives need to make the overall needs of the network their priority, and sometimes -- often -- those come into conflict.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote