View Single Post
Old March 1 2013, 08:20 PM   #5312
Gojira
Commodore

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Gojira wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
The more I see about this movie, the less I want to see it. I guess Nolan got his brooding, dark idiot type of hero into a fourth movie. The Dark Knight 4: Man of steel. I just hope the guy playing Superman has a better superhero voice. Maybe he'll go super high pitched, to counter Bale's idiotic voice. Even better, a large part of the movie seems to be used for his origin. Thats great, because Superman is such an obscure character that he really needs his origin told, because who besides super comic fans know the origin of Superman I have the feeling that Superman 4: The Quest for Peace is no longer going to be the worst Superman movie.
From what I have heard from test audiences that have seen it, the movie is not as dark and brooding as the trailer makes it seem.

http://nukethefridge.com/2013/02/28/early-screenings-reaction-to-man-of-steel/
Well, that link just confirms that I'll hate the movie. This quote in particular is what I'm talking about

Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action
I figured Nolan would be the main person behind the story, and I HATE The dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises (TDK being my second most hated movie of all time after JJ's 2009 abomination) so, from my perspective, this is really the worst Superman movie that could possibly be made. Well, actually, I suppose they could have gotten JJ to direct it, at which point the movie would suck so badly it would cause a rift in the space time continuum and destory the universe.

Still, its going to be bad. Also, the line about it not being dark or brooding seems like a complete lie. Nolan cannot do a movie without brooding and being overly dark (not to mention horrible characters and a plot almost as bad as what the geniuses behind Transformers and ST 2009 write, but that isn't as much a producer thing, so maybe those areas might be slightly less incompetent then they were in TDK and Rises since he's just producing). I guess that, like with Batman and Spider-man, I'll just have to hope that, in 10 years or so, we'll have a reboot that turns out a good movie. I really hope the movie just bombs. I want it to fail in ways that make Superman Returns look like a blockbuster. Then, maybe Nolan will just go away and leave superheros alone.

That said, I'll probably see it on DVD, out of morbid curiosity if nothing else. I got through Rises even knowing I'd hate it (I don't hate Rises quite as much as TDK because I was prepared for it to suck, but it was a horrible movie). Man of Steel will be another trainwreck movie. I know it will suck, but I'll watch it to see how badly it sucks. Based on the trailer, which had things like bearded (hobo?) Clark and Johnathon Kent telling young clark he should have just let a bus full of children drown, this may get into so bad its entertaining territory, which is honestly the best case scenario for it.
I have my issues with TDK and the TDKR but I certainly do not hate them. Nolan can be too complex and dark and I wished he would have simplified the plot and made it a little more fun but besides that they were really well done.

I have not seen anything so far to put me off on the Man of Steel. I just wish you could be a little more open minded about the movie. You have pre-judged it and in that frame of mind you may just end up confirming your bias.