View Single Post
Old March 1 2013, 07:15 PM   #167
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: The old "DS9 stole from B5" thing

Forbin wrote: View Post
a) You get way too far into pointless minutia and specifics with the wormhole/jumpgate thing.
No, I just watched the shows and paid attention to what was going on. I didn't just glance at the screen with the corner of my eye, see two blue swirly things and assume that they were functionally identical.

Hyperspace vortexes fulfil a similar story role in B5 to warp drive in Star Trek in that both are a means of travelling long distances really fast, allowing us to meet new aliens and characters. So why don't you go ahead and accuse B5 of stealing that from Star Trek instead of focusing on the superficial similarities?

EDIT: To clarify my point, DS9 didn't need to come up with a new method to bring ships and characters to the station, they already had warp drive to do exactly that. The wormhole served a different purpose, it allayed the fears of fans who felt that a stationary show would be boring by promising adventures in an exotic new area of space.

Forbin wrote: View Post
Maybe you need to drink decaf, lighten up, join in a fun conversation, stop being nasty, and not accuse people of things.
I didn't accuse you of anything, I said "maybe(probably)". How could I be more impartial than that?

Last edited by TheGodBen; March 1 2013 at 08:07 PM.
TheGodBen is offline   Reply With Quote