View Single Post
Old March 1 2013, 02:44 PM   #14
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral
Location: ...But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes.
Re: your top five (low five?) least favourite characters

Alexander's change in perspective was annoying, especially seeing as it wasn't actually necessary; the story of Sons and Daughters wasn't dependent on Alexander having a change of heart. It's wartime, and a rather unambiguous war at that, where the stakes are massive - either defend yourself against the Dominion, or become vassals of the Founders. The idea that Alexander might enlist for the duration of the war therefore makes sense; they didn't have to make his earlier character arc pointless by seeming to suggest that he now wants to be a warrior after all.

He could easily have told Worf: "I still have no intention of being a "good Klingon" and I still don't care for fitting into your culture - I'm just here because I'm helping with the war effort, and this is a just war. That's all".
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, and the best of us is washed away.
Deranged Nasat is offline   Reply With Quote