View Single Post
Old February 28 2013, 10:19 PM   #23
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Voyager again, for the first time

TEYA wrote
^ Ah, Voyager. Promulgating stupid Indian stereotypes & stupid farm people stereotypes all in one fell swoop...
But wasn't that supposed to be the point, that the Caretaker's holograms were a "stupid stereotype"?

As for Indian stereotypes, when I think of Chakotay in this ep, I think of Tom's conversation with Janeway in New Zealand.

PARIS: Chakotay will tell you he left Starfleet on principle, to defend his home colony from the Cardassians. I, on the other hand, was forced to resign. He considered me a mercenary, willing to fight for anyone who'd pay my bar bill. Trouble is, he was right. I have no problem helping you track down my friends in the Maquis, Captain. All I need to know from you is what's in it for me.

teacake wrote: View Post
And Voyager stunted you. Squashed your little brains into its petty definition of wonder and its instant fix "science". Pummeled you with racist and specieist truths all newspeaked into Federation ideals. GUTTED the Borg. How are you supposed to expand and grow after that happens?!

Thank goodness I had TOS. I never suffered like you young 'uns did.

You are so funny.

signed,

a former young'un