Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old February 28 2013, 09:12 PM   #413
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Going Veggie

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
^Here's a blog post written by an actual doctor on the subject.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/i...ns-and-cancer/ Oh, I should mention, the blog post is mainly analysis of the quality of the study cited, but the author notes at the beginning of the post that 20 years of evidence have shown that there is no health benefit from taking multivitamins.

Even that fuckwad, Dr Oz, recommended people at least lower their vitamin doses on his show -- and if Dr Oz is wary of a supplement, you know it must be serious!
I'll check out that link! Also, I completely agree with your assessment of Dr. Oz.

Kestra wrote: View Post
It's something that can be checked by a doctor, if you're really concerned. At least some vitamin levels can be checked by bloodwork, not sure about all of them. I've had deficiencies in the past but it's because of issues that I'm aware of that are specific to me.
I've sent a request to my doctor to let me know if I should be taking a multivitamin, and what kind if I should.

I can't get blood tests done right now, as they're really expensive out-of-pocket.

Shaytan wrote: View Post
Kestra wrote: View Post
At least some vitamin levels can be checked by bloodwork, not sure about all of them.
Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B8, B9, B12, C, D, E, K1 and PP can be checked with a blood test but most are rarely prescribed (except vit D). .
Pfft. I can check my PP without getting a blood test.

Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote