View Single Post
Old February 28 2013, 07:04 AM   #125
_C_
Commander

Re: Convention Circuit - Least Favorite Person Associated With Trek?

I met two voice actors who aren't from Star Trek, but they did voice characters I'm really fond of. This happened at Botcon in 2009.

Peter Cullen, aka Optimus Prime -- SUPER, super nice guy. I thanked him for his hard work and his eyes got all teary. He led me by the hand around the table and gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. Super, super sweet guy. I still cannot believe how TINY Peter Cullen is! I stand 5'1" and I'd be surprised if he's 5'6"! Such a sweet little man and he can generate that strong, deep, authoritative voice many Transformers fans are familiar with. In his panel, I jokingly asked him what Optimus Prime's pickup line is, and he thought for a moment, smiled and said in the voice, "Nice shine!"

David Kaye, aka voice of Sesshoumaru in Inuyasha/Beast Wars and TF Armada Megatron/ TF Animated Optimus Prime/The Enzyte "This is Bob" voice -- He ended up in the restaurant across the street from the con while I was eating lunch there. I saw his jacket out of the corner of my eye, so I waited for him to finish talking to who he was talking to(while standing RIGHT by my table) and was all "Oh my God, David Kaye! Can I hug you?" I just blurted it out. He said "Sure!" And he gave me a little squeeze when I hugged him. I told him to his face that his Megatron voice is sexy. He laughed and he did his "yeeees" for me. lol He gave me and my friends autographs there so we didn't have to wait in line. Then he played with my Unicron figurine for a few minutes. It was great!

I have their autographs in a cardboard Optimus Prime folder, which is now in my church choir binder. I see them every single Thursday and Sunday when I have to get into my music.