View Single Post
Old February 28 2013, 06:06 AM   #230
Section 31 1/2
Ensign

Re: La-La Land Records to release 4-disc DS9 soundtrack set!

Muldfeld wrote: View Post
timtonruben359 wrote: View Post
Just wanted to see if anyone who ordered the CDs from Canada have got them yet? I checked my status last week and as of last Tuesday it says arrived in Canada at customs for processing. Just wanted to see.
I got my copy on Monday and I live in a major Canadian city. I hope you get yours soon.
I got mine today and I live in St Catharines just outside Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Spent some time with it. I enjoy it far more than the TNG set that's for sure.

The McCarthy disc is solid. I must say I was also quite surprised to hear the electric guitar on "Charge" from Shattered Mirror. More evidence of interesting music getting mixed down or completely out in the final episode edits.

On Disc two I very much dig the latter portion of the disc with Call to Arms being one of the highlights of the entire 4 disc set. Everything from Call to Arms on is solid. The By Inferno's Light and Broken Link cues are curious as to why they were included.

Disc 3 is all over the map. David Bell's music worked great with the show but on this disc it really highlights how repetitive of a composer he was. While Paul Baillargeon seems to have the opposite effect with me. I absolutely could not stand his music with the episodes and felt often times they ruined certain scenes but for some reason I really dig all of his tracks by themselves. Also, Greg Smith's Field of Fire and The Assignment are both standouts.

On Disc 4 I really dig Our Man Bashir and What You Leave Behind quite a bit. I can take or leave Trials and Tribble-ations."
Section 31 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote