View Single Post
Old February 28 2013, 04:59 AM   #87
BlueStuff
Rear Admiral

Re: "The Offspring" Line-by-Line

DATA: Second officer's science log, supplemental. Training in social skills at the most elementary level has begun. Lal is progressing very slowly but is not deterred by early setbacks. While motor coordination has improved twelve percent, reflexes still need to develop. Visual comprehension is especially difficult for Lal. Translating her vast data banks into recognisable applications may improve with additional transfers. She is also learning to supplement her innate android behaviour with simulated human responses. And it is interesting to note that as I observe Lal learning about her world, I share in her experience, almost as though I am learning things over again.

(Beneath that narrative, we see Lal taking a drink but not swallowing, putting her hand up to catch the ball a good two seconds too late, being shown how to blink, and finally eating a dessert in Ten Forward, then using her napkin)

[Laboratory]

DATA: The transfer itself is fairly simple. Each neural pathway in my brain is duplicated precisely in hers. Theoretically, the duplicate brains should be able to store and process the same information but until all of the transfers are complete, we will not know for certain.
BlueStuff is offline   Reply With Quote