View Single Post
Old February 27 2013, 06:34 PM   #76
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: INS- Son'a/Dominion Question

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post

I'd just like to say that the phrase "normal evolutionary state" indicates such an appallingly poor grasp of the mechanisms of evolution that I can scarcely believe my eyes. I could write a book on what's wrong with that statement.

Suffice it to say, you are completely wrong on this point.
They were alive when they hit the planet, they will live on (as the S'ona show) long after they leave the planet. Maybe I worded it wrong, but they are simply returning to the state they were in when they landed on the planet.

Secondly, forcibly relocating people to get your cure for cancer is wrong. You're basically putting a natural resource above people's lives. Not the kind of thing a benevolent organization like the Federation ought to be pursuing.
Huh?

Your putting the property rights of six hundred people above the well being of possibly trillions of beings. How is that anymore "right"?

EDIT: Sorry I missed this...

This is nuts. First of all, Federation lives were already put at risk through the joint operation with Son'a, so that one doesn't even wash.
Federation lives weren't at stake until Picard got involved.

Last edited by BillJ; February 27 2013 at 06:46 PM.
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote