View Single Post
Old February 27 2013, 05:20 PM   #71
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell
Re: Star Trek: INS- Son'a/Dominion Question

sonak wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post

And if you think repeating "the needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few" is clever, here's a newsflash: it's not. It's a slogan, not a rhetorical basis for sound policy.
Your more than welcome to think what you like. But any government that isn't making decisions on what's best for their citizens really isn't doing their job.

And as I've said many times before, the act of moving the Ba'ku (for me) has little to do with with the meta-phasic radiation itself (I've said many times before that I don't believe it's a game-changer). The act of moving the Ba'ku ensures that I don't find myself trying to protect six hundred pacifists somewhere down the road from another power trying to grab meta-phasics for themselves. Also, it ensures that if such a scenario were to arise that the Ba'ku don't get wiped out in the process. Like they nearly did at the end of Insurrection.

no no no, the Federation is supposed to be obligated to give 24/7 protection to this small band of self-centered, hypocritical pacifists, despite them not being in Federation territory and not being citizens. They're supposed to do this out of the goodness of their hearts despite it being a completely one-sided arrangement in which the Federation gets screwed because... a government would actually agree to do something that ridiculous .
You guys have sure put a lot of work into those straw men, just to tear them down.