Old February 27 2013, 02:32 PM   #337
Saul
Rear Admiral

Re: COUNTDOWN TO DARKNESS 5-page preview

Mirror Sulu wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post
Seriously though, how do you know that?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3XfCFSjNnU...ata-holmes.JPG

[Image converted to link. Images posted inline must be hosted on your own web space, not hotlinked from someone else's. - M']

Now let me see...there is literally no evidence to suggest Cumberbatch is playing Khan. He's English,
The actor is. We don't know if the character is.

he doesn't look anything like him
Plastic surgery.

, he's a member of Starfleet
He's wearing a starfleet Uniform. But so did Khan in Space Seed.

and he seems to have some sort of connection to Robert April.
Pure assumption.

I've therefore deduced after looking at all the evidence, that Cumberbatch isn't Khan.
and yet you haven't actually proven he isn't. Deduction needs to lead to a confirmation of facts.

Christopher wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post
However I don't think the term Augments will be even brought up here. I think it's a reference less people would know about generally. Doesn't mean they won't use it but I don't believe they'll be taking pointers from 'Enterprise'.
"I told him that I could not only beam a grapefruit from one planet to the adjacent planet in the same system, which is easy by the way, I could do it with a lifeform. So, I tested it on Admiral Archer's prized beagle." -- Montgomery Scott, Star Trek (2009)
General Audience:

"Archer" - "Oh yeah that captain that got his ass kicked on that cancelled show".

"Augments" - "wtf is an augmert?"

Last edited by M'Sharak; February 27 2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: to fix mismatched quote tags
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote