Thread: Why Khan?
View Single Post
Old February 27 2013, 05:14 AM   #19
WarpFactorZ
Captain

Re: Why Khan?

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
Because that's what defined Khan's *wrath* in The WRATH of Khan!
They're not remaking The Wrath of Khan.
I'm not saying they are. But recycling Khan because he is "Khan" -- without including the big impact the character had on the Trek universe -- doesn't make that much sense (other than some "nod" to the fans).

Furthermore, I think it would majorly backfire, for the reasons I listed. Khan's major role in Trekdom was as Kirk's foil.

Off-screen ethos? Have you seen the movie?... .
You mean a planet exploded and his wife died on screen? You're right. I guess I haven't seen it.
Whether you *saw* it or not doesn't change the fact that it was an explicit part of the story.

How do you know? Did you see it? Terrell said Khan did, but Terrell also had a magic space slug in his ear. For all you know, he was lying.
So, who trashed Regular One? Terrell and Chekov?

He lifted nothing that a "normal" fit human couldn't lift under an adrenalin rush--unlike Cumby, who've already seen swing a significantly larger object around like a whiffle bat.
He lifted Chekov clean off the ground with one hand (that one *was* on-screen). And the "bat" Cumberbatch wields, as some else pointed out, is a gun.

Really, though, the fact is the character has never been used to the fullest of his potential. That's why the redo.
I simply don't see what's left to use. He'd become a supervillain with superpowers, and would basically be someone the Avengers need to stop. In that sense, why do we need Khan again? Make him someone else.
WarpFactorZ is offline   Reply With Quote