Old February 26 2013, 05:05 PM   #331
Saul
Rear Admiral

Re: COUNTDOWN TO DARKNESS 5-page preview

Christopher wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post

Unnamed sources.
Which they seemed to trust enough to make such a big announcement.
Yes, but I don't trust them. They've been wrong before. The Internet is full of "reliably sourced" movie rumors that turn out to be total BS. And yet people keep forgetting all the false ones and bizarrely assuming they can trust the next one.
They've been wrong but they've been right about things like Vulcan going bye bye and the plans for an alternate timeline. I don't forget the false ones. But neither do I forget the real ones.

That's an invalid rebuttal, because it doesn't fit the facts in this case.
Says the guy who brought up the pink elephant behind him.

And people run and scream from a lot of things without good sense. Last week I saw a lot of posts from people panicking about the risk of asteroids hitting the Earth, even though we know that large impactors are very rare. And yet those same people are probably not at all worried about things that are far more likely to kill them, like traffic accidents. The reactions and beliefs of the crowd are not reliable indicators of probability.
Totally agree but i'd rather be safe than sorry.

But Khan wasn't the only Augment. To me, the most likely prospect at this point is that Harrison is a different Augment, that they're approaching the story of the Eugenics Wars and the Augments from a different perspective. It's possible that Khan will be involved in the background as a mastermind, or that maybe this story about Harrison will be setting up Khan as the big bad in the third film, the way The Avengers set up Thanos. There are a lot of possibilities here.
That's a cool idea and it's just as awesome if it's so cos it still means we'll see Khan even if it's just the back of his head. However I don't think the term Augments will be even brought up here. I think it's a reference less people would know about generally. Doesn't mean they won't use it but I don't believe they'll be taking pointers from 'Enterprise'.

Anyway, it's a silly thing to waste time arguing over, because the movie will be out within three months and then we'll actually know.
Actually it's not released here until September.
But we have the Internet now, and there's bound to be plenty of spoiler discussion once the film is out.
I think i'll need to take a sabbatical around that time. The internet's going to be a freakin minefield!