View Single Post
Old February 26 2013, 04:29 PM   #406
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

I finally saw the unrated version on blu-ray, profanity and all. So here we go…

- The movie was quite visually stunning. It looked fantastic for a greenscreen web series. The integration of live actors with cgi scenery and effects was seamless in almost every instance. This wasn't "Battlestar Sanctuary" as I feared it would be. The only thing I didn't like were the lens flares and the brightness at the beginning. That was distracting.

- The story was pretty weak. If Caprica had too much drama and no action, this was the opposite… Too much action and no drama. You don't solve a problem by going to the opposite extreme. If this went to series, I think it would have become another single-season show. Things did pick up story wise in the last 15 minutes though. I also liked the question asked at the beginning… "Why do they hate us?"

- All the action was making me appreciate Caprica a little more and wanting to check it out again.

- Luke Pasqualino was good. I didn't have any issues with him or his size. I did take note of him being eclipsed by Mike Dopud though. Olmos was never a big man anyway, but he had a big presence and Pasqualino had enough energy to keep the action moving and make me believe that he was a young Adama.

- It's nice to have a taste of the war as part of the saga even if the story was weak.

- I do wish we could find out what became of the Graystones and their company. Creating a race of genocidal robots is a pretty big deal and I'd love to know what the fallout from that was like. I especially want to know what happened to Zoe.

- The movie I bought included both a DVD and a blu-ray version. I wonder why they did that. There's also 29 minutes of deleted scenes. I'll have to watch those when I can.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
One thing I was hoping for if a Series lasted 2 or 3 (or more) seasons was for them to put Luke Paqualino on a "Bulk Up" regimen, and see him gain muscle and slowly morph the "Punk Kid Adama" into the personality/style of EJO Adama
And have him gargle with rocks to get the voice?

BenRoethig wrote: View Post
With the exception of Brian Markinson who was a regular in Caprica, I don't have a problem with reusing actors as long as the Character is very different.
Kegg wrote: View Post
Honestly the only actor I've recognized so far is Brian Markinson, and that's only because he has a role on Continuum (yet another sci-fi series shot in Vancouver, but one of the few also set in Vancouver). This probably just reflects that it's been over a year since I've watched anything BSG related.
He's in everything. He's the new Callum Keith Rennie.

pst wrote: View Post
tricia helfer has said she has some involvement in B&C and we've seen concept artwork of a half human-half cylon being, so think in terms of that.
So that was her voice.

Mutenroshi wrote: View Post
The sex scene was obviously left out. It'll probably be on the blu-ray in February.
The sex was pretty tame on the blu-ray. Brief and little skin outside of Adama with his shirt off. I didn't see what it was like in the webisode.

Last edited by Agent Richard07; February 26 2013 at 04:53 PM.