View Single Post
Old February 26 2013, 07:56 AM   #164
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Do you believe there is someone for every person?

Ulva wrote: View Post
I don't think it's too late at 50. However, I have noticed that as I grow older, the thought of starting over, if this relationship I'm in now fails or he dies, isn't all that attractive. I think that when you're younger you actively seek relationships at least partly because you are expected to, but now, I'd be fine not being in one. I can stand on my own two legs, manage my own life just fine. It would be a bit lonely at times (I know it is because I've been a single parent before, and that's not always easy), but there are many positive aspects of single life too. If I should start over it better be someone really damn special, because I'm over random relationships for the sake of relationships.
I think this is how I also feel.
mos6507 wrote: View Post
"If I should start over it better be someone really damn special, because I'm over random relationships for the sake of relationships."

And they better like Star Trek
Absolutely!
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Sector 7 wrote: View Post
I am in my 50s, am I just too old to try again?
Definitely not.
Thanks, RJ!

Side note: I recently discovered my godson has always had a crush on me. He's 21, gay, and decided to tell me a few months ago. I've been letting him know that I think our love for each other is deeper than that... like families love each other! I really am too old for that.