View Single Post
Old February 26 2013, 03:40 AM   #429
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618
Re: Seth Macfarlane tapped to host this years Academy Awards!

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I know Bigelow herself is opposed to torture, which is why I didn't criticize her in any way or let it take away from my appreciation of the film, which I think was a fantastic achievement and also Best Picture-worthy along with Argo. I don't begrudge your dislike of Argo, I just felt some of the criticisms were a little unfair, especially for doing things which are pretty standard practice in Hollywood films, including previous Best Picture nominees.
I misread your comment about Canadians being excluded, sorry about that. You're definitely right that Argo has done nothing that other best pictures have done; it's a much better film than many best picture picks, actually. I just wish the Academy would do better but that's a silly hope, I know.

I don't even know if I dislike Argo. I liked it when I saw it but I liked it less and less as time went on which is the exact opposite of what happened when I saw The Master which I liked but didn't love and now love. Many people hate The Master so it might just be that I have odd taste in films.