View Single Post
Old February 26 2013, 01:19 AM   #423
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Seth Macfarlane tapped to host this years Academy Awards!

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
my point was that the Oscars had become so political as it is, which was why the awards were so spread out (and of course, likely one of the reasons Lincoln wasn't going to win, and why films by particular filmmakers weren't considered - ahem Clod Atlas.) Sure, the First Lady holds no political office but she does represent politics of some sort by showing up anywhere. You have to appreciate that this is just my opinion. I thought it was tactless.
Why would you have a problem with the awards being spread out? Isn't that a sign of Academy actually awarding the deserving winners, rather than just the voters voting for their favorite movie in every possible category? Instead, they made the choices that actually made sense, like visual effects and cinematography for Life of Pi, sound mixing for Les Miserables, etc. (Although I wonder if it was an incredible stroke of luck , or rather good sense, that stopped Affleck from getting the director's Oscar, as actors-turned-directors so often do when their movies are popular, by fortunately keeping him away from the director's nomination...)

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote