View Single Post
Old February 26 2013, 12:07 AM   #420
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

Re: Seth Macfarlane tapped to host this years Academy Awards!

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
my point was that the Oscars had become so political as it is, which was why the awards were so spread out (and of course, likely one of the reasons Lincoln wasn't going to win, and why films by particular filmmakers weren't considered - ahem Clod Atlas.)
Wow, you're all over the place.

What was so political about last night's show? The most HIPPIE! COMMIE! LIBRUL! thing said was Anne Hathaway's boobs telling us that hopefully hunger like that experienced by Fantine in Les Mis will eventually be relegated purely to the realm of fiction. My god, what a horrifying political message! "Yay, starvation! Down with feeding people!"

You also seem to be randomly mixing "political" in the Hollywood snobbery sense with being literally political in the sense that the First Lady made an appearance. They're not remotely the same thing.

I loved Cloud Atlas, but you're nuts if you thought it had any chance of being nominated for Best Picture with its lukewarm reviews and weak box office. Failing the latter can be tolerated, but not both. It had nothing to do with any Oscar bias against the Wachowskis or the director Tom Tykwer, whose Run Lola Run was a huge critical success and received numerous awards and nominations.

You have to appreciate that this is just my opinion.
No, I don't. It's a petty, childish opinion.

I thought it was tactless.
Nope. Complaining about something so mundane and harmless just because you have a problem with her husband sure is, though.