View Single Post
Old February 25 2013, 08:30 PM   #39
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Si I finally saw Moulin Rouge!

I disagree on both counts and find your comparison simply nonsensical. Moulin Rouge is an emotional rollercoaster using musical numbers, creative editing and an overall "staged" production design to emphasize Christian's journey while B&R is basically just a toy commercial and a parody of Tim Burton's Batman combined with some 60s nostalgia and neon. It too is often "stagey" due to the outlandish sets and action sequences but comes off as cartoonish rather than theatrical. "Over-produced" can mean a great many things and while you could make an argument for applying it to both films, they themselves have almost nothing in common except for being visually "extravagant".
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote