View Single Post
Old February 25 2013, 07:58 PM   #373
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: I hope for more traditional space battles

Saul wrote: View Post
Well I won't name names because that would make it personal you know? Let's just call him/her/them Star Trek fan(s) and laugh at him/her/them because that's ok around here as long as it's not directed at anyone, just in general.
Like laughing at old people. See, that's fine.
I think there's a point though where people take things a bit too far. They're the "Holy Defenders of Canon" and act like anyone with a differing viewpoint is a lesser fan.

That's where those folks get into trouble at. I've been told that I'm not a fan in other threads because I think J.J. Abrams work is every bit as Trek as any other work that carries the label, even though I've been watching the show since 1975. Hell, we've got someone over in the TOS forum essentially calling people who accept Constitution-class sheep because the plaque on the wall says Starship-class.

Maybe they need to allow each individual to decide for themselves what is and isn't Trek? What is and isn't canon?