View Single Post
Old February 25 2013, 06:08 PM   #392
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Re: Seth Macfarlane tapped to host this years Academy Awards!

Well, the verdict is in! I work in an office with many older ladies who I like to think of as a barometer of public opinion. None of them knew who Seth MacFarlane was, one of them even said "I thought it was going to be Seth Meyers from Saturday Night Live, but then this guy walked out and I was like, who IS that?" Another co-worker says, "I think he wrote Family Guy before it got cancelled." "Oh, I never saw that show."

And then they went on to discuss how he was too tasteless and off-color. They said, "this just wasn't the right venue for those sorts of jokes. Did you hear that Lincoln joke? That was very tasteless to joke about a President like that. Some things should be sacred." "And that boobs song - where were they going with that? It was just crass and didn't make sense."

Personally, I don't like Seth MacFarlane either, but not because he's off-color and crass, it's just because he annoys the shit out of me. He's one of those guys that is funny but thinks he's hilarious, there's just a smug feeling about him.

But anyway, there's the perspective from my co-workers. Interesting.
T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote