View Single Post
Old February 25 2013, 06:45 AM   #150
Wingsley
Commodore

Re: Art that doesn't need its own thread

Ptrope wrote: View Post
A comment was made in this month's challenge about The Jetsons, so I had to post a pic using my latest Poser freebie - Lazarus's time ship from "The Lazarus Syndrome" (TOS), which I modified to include a front swing-out hatch that makes it a fully-enclosed spaceship, one that also would look right at home there. In this pic, I hadn't yet finished all the interior detailing; it now has a set of instruments and a couple of control levers.

The little guy in the seat is my version of David Gerrold's "Bandi," from one of his unsold story ideas published in his book The Trouble with Tribbles.

"We'll take it!"
I took one look at this and when I saw the base of the staircase in the background I immediately thought of THE ADDAMS FAMILY and THE MUNSTERS.

Isn't it about time for some of the slick, photoshopping artists on these forums to find a way to do a crossover between TOS and some campy 60's sitcoms?

I could just see Grandpa Munster grinning ear-to-ear in place of Hakum, being flanked by two armed Lawgivers in "The Return of the Archons".

Could Captain Kirk make do with Jeanie as his yeoman?

Or maybe Endora instead?

Maybe a landing party beams in to visit the Stevenses' home on BEWITCHED? Or maybe Kirk winds up dating Serena?

It would be neat if someone could take a black-and-white image of a seated Kirk being interrogated at the Air Force Base and match it with Gomer Pyle and his Sarge, as if Kirk and Pyle are in Sarge's doghouse.

I smell an art contest...

Last edited by Wingsley; February 25 2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: typo
Wingsley is offline   Reply With Quote