View Single Post
Old February 24 2013, 10:07 PM   #338
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

Re: Officially no series 8 in 2013

Sindatur wrote: View Post
StCoop wrote: View Post
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
The timing of that means series 8 (or 8a if it's still split, though there's no reason for that ATM) would be starting at Easter 2014
It is very vague and interesting that the BBC could officially announce 2014 series for a bunch of other shows this week but not DW.

I really do suspect now that they're waiting on Matt Smith to sign a contract for another full series (or not) before they decide exactly what they're going to do.
No surprise there, S7 is Matt Smith's 3rd Series, so, it wouldn't be a surprise at all, if his tenure is nearing it's end. I'd love to see him stay longer, but, not many have stayed beyond 3 Series (Hartnell just a bit over 3, Pertwee 6 and Tom Baker 7, and then Tennant did the Specials after 3 Series)
I wouldn't be opposed to him staying or leaving for a fourth series, but I'd want him to move on after that. Although to me, it feels like he's only just got here. I've never really gelled with Smith the way I did Tennant, and plus with all this stupid splitting up series thing, it's just drawing it out longer, but seeing only one of his series has been in a big chunk, I never got to gel with him much, plus series 6 was terrible, and there's only been six series 7 episodes so far. I say stop this god awfull splitting series up thing, and sack Moffat.
Green Lantern is online now   Reply With Quote