View Single Post
Old February 24 2013, 09:24 PM   #41
JD
Admiral

Re: Are the Voyager novels not as popular?

King Daniel wrote: View Post
While my fondest Trek novel memories are from TOS, my enthusiam for new generic TOS (for lack of a better term) books is very low. The planet-of-the-week-all-toys-back-in-box formula been done to death, pretty much.

That said, I can't disagree more with Ktrek. For the most part, I've loved the 24th century stuff that's come out over the past couple of years.
This is pretty much my opinion as well. I definitely prefer the 24th century novelverse stories over stand alone TOS stories. While I can enjoy stand alone adventures, over all I prefer arcs in general so I tend to lean that way with Trek Lit. The only reason I have any interest in stand alone adventures is because I enjoy what the people in charge of Trek Lit do with the arcs.
Other than Seize the Fire, which I set aside after about 100 (I'll probably finish it eventually...maybe) I've been enjoying what I've been reading and haven't really seen to drastic of a drop in quality since before the editorial shakeups at Pocket. The only thing that has disappointed me is the treatment of Indistinguishable From Magic.