I would do an anthology series under the following rules/policies:
- a series of television movies, maybe 4-8 per year (coming to a total of 8-16 hours) - similar to David Tennant's last year of Doctor Who or in comics terms, "one-offs".
- each movie/episode would cover totally different aspects and subjects in the Star Trek universe and using different narrative and stylistic formats
- avoid the alternate reality (let the Supreme Court deal with that)
- avoid "overused" subjects such as time travel
- get big name actors who wouldn't want to be regulars for a long-term television series
- have the budget to shoot elsewhere than the Los Angeles area
- use the stories to fill-in gaps in the chronology or even explain a few changes or retcons
I know, that's pretty generic. But having a couple of months between each episode/movie would lead to a build-up of excitement and energy.