View Single Post
Old February 24 2013, 01:45 PM   #29
Pingfah
Admiral

Re: What Are You Working On (And How Are You Getting There)?

My flat is in pieces right now because I am totally remodelling it. I have filled in one bedroom door and made a new entrance in a different wall, and I am putting in French doors to let much more light into the room. That has been a nightmare as the walls were wood lath and plaster, covered by another drywall wall that had been built over the top. Ended up with about 40 bags of rubble for a 1.5 x 2.5 metre hole.

I also have my kitchen and lounge floor up as I am tiling the kitchen floor and putting down a wooden floor in the lounge.

Once the new black tiled kitchen floor is in I am putting in new units that are gloss white, a new sink, a new monobloc tap and a new worktop, and moving the oven across the room which has necessitated cutting a channel through the stone floor for the electric supply.

This is all to meet a summer deadline, as I am renting this place to friends and moving away for a while

Also, somebody just gave me my first games console, a hand-me-down Xbox 360, so I am working on playing my first computer game in 20 years. Mass Effect.