View Single Post
Old February 24 2013, 06:12 AM   #40
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Re: Spoiler-ish predictions from current STID trailer

daveyNY wrote: View Post
chardman wrote: View Post
King Daniel wrote: View Post
The Enterprise was made far bigger in the last movie, in order to fit the dozens of large shuttles, enourmous engineering section and corridor network around and behind the bridge - up from the 289m of the original series to 725m (possibly as big as 1200m!) Although I don't think the ship skimming the water is the Enterprise, it's definitely in the same size range.
I don't think so. While I am well aware that the JJprise is much bigger than any previous version of the ship, the ship in the bay appears, at least to my eye, and judging by the buildings in the foreground, to be vastly larger still.

Granted, keeping things in properly scaled proportion is a special effects failing of many a film, so the seemingly massive size of the vessel may just be a mistake. Thus far, I;m assuming it's not a mistake, and that this ship actually is supposed to be significantly larger than Enterprise.
That heavily damaged primary hull the Enterprise barely avoided in the first movie was substantially larger...

Perhaps the ship in question is a member of that class??
I still think it's the Enterprise.