View Single Post
Old February 24 2013, 03:38 AM   #18
Leroy
Fleet Captain

Re: Trek Year: To Boldly Watch Every Episode in One Year

JirinPanthosa wrote:
Well, the thing about TNG is, it doesn't matter where in the series you start, but after you start you should watch them in sequence.

So, 5-6-7-1-2-3-4 is just as good as 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. But both are better than jumping around randomly. Which is why I personally recommend Q Who-3-4-5-6-7-1-rest of 2.
It's not jumping around randomly if you watch the episodes after doing some research and seeing those that seem the most appealing to you first. I first watched TOS by renting VHS tapes from the local video store based on watch episodes looked the most interesting or had a good/bad reputation. I also caught TNG for the first time in reruns not necessarily in order either although it would be very jarring to watch a season 5 episode then watch a season 1 episode the bulk of the show seasons 3-7 look identical production wise.

Trek Year wrote:
I am looking at buying an actual video camera in the future. The other element is that the biggest thing people keep asking for is the insertion of clips while I am reviewing. This is a very doable task, but it means I would be limited to releasing a review once a day or every other day. What are all of your thoughts on this?
A good compromise would be to put still pictures in your videos instead of clips to help jog peoples memory of what the episode is about.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote