View Single Post
Old February 24 2013, 01:45 AM   #27
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: Are the Voyager novels not as popular?

Ktrek wrote: View Post
TOS may sell better but that doesn't mean that the TOS books are very good. Popularity by the general public says very little as to what is good and what is not because the general masses settle for mediocre most of the time. I would not be as opposed to TOS books being published if they were well written but sadly, in my opinion, the majority of them come off as no better than throw away pulp fiction of the 1940s variety. Fast reads but easily forgotten. The really well done TOS books are so far and few between it's actually amazing that they sell at all.

Kevin
It doesn't matter what you (or I) think about TOS novels - they sell and money talks. Besides which, the people that buy and enjoy them have a right to a say too, and they obviously want them to continue.

As to quality, I've read a few good ones and a lot of poor to average ones. More fool me for buying them all. I've just ordered the next few...