View Single Post
Old February 24 2013, 01:00 AM   #511
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

I have a small confession-- I've never actually seen X3: The Last Stand.

The spoilers and rumors that I heard gave me serious reservations about the movie to start with, so I decided to wait for some genuine word of mouth. The word of mouth, of course, was awful. Cyclops gets the shaft? Again? Vaporized by Jean, no less? Xavier killed in the same way? Butchered the classic Dark Phoenix saga, that Bryan Singer had so perfectly set up? Lame. So I decided that I would rather not see it at all rather then see one of my favorite stories of my youth done badly.

The funny thing is, I actually own it. It was given to me as a gift. Part of a box set that had the first three X-Men movies, both Fantastic Four movies, Daredevil and Elektra.

But now, with Singer opting to take the movie into account with DoFP, talk of "fixing" things from the movie, The Wolverine picking up from X3, and finally this bit...

, IGN spoke with Singer about the 2014 release and asked him if he was eager to find some way to see Cyclops and Jean Grey appear.

"Who wouldn’t?," he laughed, mysteriously. "Who wouldn’t? That’s all I can say."
...which may just be Singer thrown out red herrings, have all combined to convince me.

I need to watch X3. What the hell, I didn't pay for it. Somewhere out there, Admiral Young is screaming. Wish me luck. I'll see you on the other side.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; February 24 2013 at 03:43 AM.
Turtletrekker is online now   Reply With Quote