View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 10:41 PM   #110
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: New live action "Turtles"?

I'd be very surprised if Michael Bay would actually tolerate Megan Fox back on one of his sets considering the acrimony surrounding her departure from the Transformers franchise. But then, Aaron Spelling was able to forgive Shannon Dougherty once, so I guess anything's possible.

It's entirely possible that Megan Fox could do a decent April O'Neil. But I do find it unlikely. The only times I've liked her in anything were when she was playing some variation of the dumb slut persona that she seems to be cultivating in real life as well. She was actually pretty good in How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, Jennifer's Body, and This Is 40. But I hated her in Transformers. Her character just lacked a certain baseline humanity. I never understood what Shia LaBeouf's character was supposed to see in her. (I much preferred that blonde Australian computer hacker from the first movie.)

As for shortening the title to Ninja Turtles, I don't know what the big deal is. I thought it was an absolutely fine title for Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation.