View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 10:12 PM   #506
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

M'rk, son of Mogh wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
^That is exactly the reason that I don't read the comics. Too complicated. Too many crossovers and stories happening in multiple titles.
You make it sound like they're pumping out 12 X-Men movies a year that one MUST see in order to understand the other.

1 or 2 a year isn't exactly tough to keep up with, and they don't have to be "must sees" to understand the others, I'm sure.

Did the last Wolverine movie REALLY connect to the last X-Men movie, for example? Not at all.
If they're standalone movies (like Wolverine), that's all well and good. I just don't see the need to start having the Marvel universe all over the place in every movie. I just get wary with the term "crossover." There comes a point where it simply gets obnoxious, as if the X-Men don't have enough characters to support their own movies. Just because characters exist in the same universe doesn't mean they need to run into each other all the time. There are plenty of X-Men stories to tell without dragging other teams into the mix.

Especially with all the individual Avengers movies coming out and the Guardians of the Galaxy and Spiderman and whatnot, throwing even more Marvel Universe movies out there is just going to feel like superhero overload.