View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 09:36 PM   #335
chardman
Vice Admiral

View chardman's Twitter Profile
Re: Officially no series 8 in 2013

I think if you're claiming that there's been other shooting going on (it wouldn't have involved Matt Smith as he was preping then directing a film BTW)
Duh. I've said "scenes that don't actually require Matt's presence, such as flashbacks and the like" in the vast majority of my posts on this subject. I've stated this repeatedly. Even wrote a post talking about how many of the scenes in "The Five Doctors" focused solely on other characters, and older incarnations of the Doctor, rather than the then current Doctor.

1) This isn't their first 3D drama production, it's their second,so the equipment was already purchased. This is just a way of amortising the cost.
Funny, because BBC has repeatedly mentioned how they're using the Who anniversary to unveil the technology to viewers. And as per the placard at the toy fair, the BBC would never say anything deceptive, misleading, or other than the whole truth, now would they?

2) AAIS&T's costs come from a completely different budget for a different channel.
And the various divisions and channels of the BBC never share assets with one another, even when it makes sense to do so, and to do otherwise would involve two divisions/channels unnecessarily doubling overall expenses by duplicating one another's work? I think not.