View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 08:03 PM   #1833
kirk55555
Commodore

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Fer wrote: View Post
I finished Star Wars: Scoundrels yesterday. Enjoyable, but not exactly a page turner, which was a first for me for Timothy Zahn. It did have a few great scenes, though.
I just finished it today. I'm a HUGE fan of zahn's SW stuff (I really enjoy every SW thing he's written) and I really liked it. Its probably my least favorite of his books, but since his other stuff is so good, thats not an insult.

I've started Star Trek Voyager - The Black Shore. Its an old Voyager novel (in the numbered series, I think its #13). Its early VOY (which isn't surprising or anything, since its an old book and seems to take place probably in season 2) so of course we have Neelix being a s%&thead (I've watched way too many of SFDebris's videos ) references to Janeway's horrible holonovel subplot, and The Doctor not getting the respect he deserves. That said, its not a bad book. Its not its fault its early VOY I like VOY a lot, but the first few seasons were pretty weak. Actually, all the early VOY things actually make it feel a bit...nostalgic? I don't know if thats the right word, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the book.

After that, its on to ST:TNG - Dragon's Honor and To Reign In Hell: The Exile of Khan Noonien Singh (I guess I'm having a mini Greg Cox marathon ) then I'll be rereading star wars - Allegiance and Choices of One.
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote