View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 07:47 PM   #98
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: What do Star Trek fans think of Stargate?

I wasn't a fan of the movie, but I love the series. I'd say its #4 or 5 in my favorite Sci fi series list (it used to be #3, then Firefly beat it and it looks like B5 will either tie with it or beat it) but I really enjoy it. It had great stories with bad guys that were usually big threats. It also had amazing characters. O'Neil, Jackson, Carter, Teal'c, Mitchell and Vaala are all great characters, as were the actors who played them. Anderson/Shanks were much better than the movie versions of their characters, and Bowder and black were much better in this than in Farscape (and they played two of the characters in farscape that I liked). I'd say Jackson and Vaala are my favorite characters, but the whole main cast was great. I wasn't a huge fan of the guy who replaced Jackson for a little while, but he wasn't bad. I could put in Stargate SG-1 any time and still enjoy it a lot. I haven't seen much of Atlantis, but I mean to, eventually. I don't like Universe. What I've seen wasn't horrible, but it didn't feel like a Stargate show and the characters just annoyed me.