View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 07:26 PM   #351
SeerSGB
Admiral

Re: I hope for more traditional space battles

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
I have uh, mixed feelings on JJ Abrams Trek to say the fucking least but it never bothered me that Kirk blows up Nero. Kirk is the gung-ho captain and was never much of a goodie-goodie. Also, having Nero Prime around would be dangerous to the timeline.
The timeline? How would he be dangerous to "the timeline"? He doesn't really have time travel powers.
Future tech, future knowledge give whoever he backs a leg up on the enemies.

Which if I was Starfleet I'd be pissed over Kirk not just beaming Nero's ass over whether he wanted it or not. Lock him in the deepest prison you can find, let the galaxy thing he's dead, and bargain with him or interrogate him for information.

Saul wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post
A clean death by shooting the shit out of them. What a kind guy.
He executed six billion men, women and children. I have no problem with Kirk giving him a parting shot.
Nor do I. Nero also was responsible for Kirk's Father and Spock's mother. Makes it very personal and if they had played it that way as revenge or pay back I think it would sit better with me. But this way is kinda played for laughs.

Kirk:
We show them compassion-- it may be the only way to earn peace with Romulus. It's logic, Spock! I thought you'd like that.
SPOCK
No, not really, not this time.
NERO I would rather suffer the death of Romulus a thousand times than accept assistance from you.
KIRK
You got it. Lock phasers! Fire everything we've got!
I never saw it as playing for laughs as so much as "Well fuck you too" and/or "I was hoping you'd say something like that"
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote