View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 04:04 PM   #59
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Re: Wertham lied

theenglish wrote: View Post
Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post

Which I would argue is the heart of what the new Superman movie is about. People are complaining that it's emo Superman, but it's trying to make the argument that this is the essence of Superman. The outsider, the one who is invulnerable but has to protect the ones he loves. The one who has a past filled with tragedy as well. All that, based on the trailers, appears to be in this movie.
I'd say that such tragic things would make the best character moments for the character. One of my favorite defining moments in the first Reeve movie is the funeral for his father lamenting the uselessness of all his powers in that moment of Pa Kent's death.
Similarly, the end of the movie was about how he couldn't save the person he loved because he was saving the rest of the world--it would have been nice to have found away to fix this situation without having to reset the world.
But the crack behind the car and putting Luthor in jail would indicate the nuke still hit, he just saved Lois. He uses his powers selfishly or in a manner growing up past his fathers, or both.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote