View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 12:47 PM   #154
Rear Admiral
Re: The bird is out: ENTERPRISE on blu-ray

I'll be interested whether the show is in 1080p 24 frames per second, the original film speed no television station is capable of broadcasting, without converting it to approx 29 fps in NTSC. Or 720 & 1080 60hz for HD.

I'm aware CG can be very much hit and miss, compared to the actual real models we're seeing in TNG HD. Although you'd think the amount of time spent carving and painting a model, then many photographic passes through a computer, would just transfer to doing that the Lightwave equivalent at a computer screen. Time is still money, I suppose. Learning how to use a new tool and experimenting what looks real or incredibly fake. Expensive rendering of detail that wouldn't even have been seen by most of an audience in the 2000s.

Inanimate objects, metallic surfaces etc were always acceptable and indistinquishable from model work at times. The worst thing I seem to recall, were the little CG doubles of actors or human figures Enterprise did, which have really come along in recent years but fell short one or two occasions I can think of. Probably consistant with Final Fantasy-like living beings around that time and kept to a brief shot which adds scale.
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE Season 5 on Netflix Facebook page

Last edited by ChristopherPike; February 23 2013 at 03:59 PM.
ChristopherPike is offline   Reply With Quote