View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 12:03 PM   #12
Ulva
Vice Admiral

Re: Early Evidence That You Were A Nerd

I grabbed a pen as a toddler and never let go of it. I was drawing and drawing, managing a level of skill by the time I started school that made teachers mumble about art school - and then I started to read. EVERYTHING. I was pouring thought literature classics when everyone else were still preferring books with large print and lots of pictures. And I illustrated them.

That has always been the pattern. When I do something I do it incredibly thoroughly, being completely absorbed by what I do. I started horseback riding at 10 and was soon trying out Spanische Hofreitschule tricks with my horse. I learned to swim and swam 1½ mile a day that whole summer. I decided to learn to sew and got myself a tailor's degree. I got a job as a waitress and was restaurant manager after 1½ years. Decided to study garden design. Aced all my exams in plant knowledge. Started fiddling with html on Blogger and was soon building web sites with CSS.

If there ever was a proverb fitting me it has to be "Do or do not, there is no try."