View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 02:57 AM   #50
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: The old "DS9 stole from B5" thing

ManOnTheWave wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
First let me state, again, I don't care about the who stole from who thing, DS9 and B5 are my two all time favorite shows, s, this is merely a curiosity, because it is an incredible coincidence

Sheridan took his Sunday Drive to Meet Lorien (Aired in November 1998, but, was ready to be aird a year earlier at the end of S4, until TNT saved the show for a S5)
Sisko took a Sunday Dive to hang out with his mother (Aire May 1999)

Did JMS pitch enough about the futur story plans to hint at the ending to his arc? I know his original idea was much different as to the end game for Babylon 5

This is not an attempt to stir up anything, or provide proof of anything, it's just a curiosity, since Sisko ws pretty much set up for his end of Arc with the pilot, and it was pretty similar to the end of Sheridan's arc.
Likewise both series involve the use of a small prototype ship post first season, and using the station(s) to coordinate large fleets of different races against a threat coming from far away. Not trying to stoke a flame war, but the similarities between the shows go much further than the pilot episodes.
Yes they do, but I still maintain that both are good, and it doesn't matter which came first, or whatever the legal ramifications are. For us, the fans, it was a win-win situation.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote