View Single Post
Old February 23 2013, 01:29 AM   #278
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dac wrote: View Post
So, this is something - SyFy UK are advertising a premiere for TNG Season 3 on their HD channel on the 4TH OF MARCH. You heard that, the 4th of MARCH. I checked my Virgin Tivo box and, well, it lists Evolution, Who Watches the Watchers, Ensigns of Command etc....all in the right order. Considering they started airing Season 2 the week it came out over here, it's still surprising but not beyond the realm that they'd start airing TNG Season 3 in HD nearly a full 2 months before it's released on Blu Ray.

ALSO...big, BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG NEWS.

They also advertised STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE with it. I'm not 100% they were talking about HD versions but....well, my Dad who told me about it swore they did, and considering he was right about Season 3....

Hmmm. I guess I'll have to keep a look out for the advert to make sure....

EDIT: I found DS9 in the schedules, its there, on the HD channel. I highly highly highly doubt it's a proper remaster however. TNG puzzles me though - why would they advertise Season 3 after heavily pushing the fact they have the first 2 seasons in HD?

This seems highly unlikely, I guess we'll have to ask around a bit to find out.

RAMA