View Single Post
Old February 22 2013, 11:35 PM   #635
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Christopher wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
The general trend is evident. Generally speaking, as movie release date increases, the word Jedi is used more and more without the word Knight accompanying it. The final ratio for ROTS is roughly two orders of magnitude higher than that for ANH.

This probably isn't exactly what Christopher was asking about, but this is something objective that we can put a handle on, that I think is a step towards answering his question.
Actually that's pretty much exactly what I was asking about. Thanks for making the effort.
Appreciated. The actual inspiration took about a millisecond, and the execution of the commands took just a few minutes. Far more involved was typing up the explanatory text.

I imagine it would be prohibitively difficult to factor The Clone Wars into such an analysis, though.
One main set of difficulties is in locating a complete set of accurate transcripts online, that are in a format that's preferably both uniform across all episodes and suitable for straightforwardly performing the separation described in the next paragraph, and downloading them efficiently and so preferably under program control.

In order to efficiently and reliably separate the extraneous text from the dialog, chiefly the directions and other metadata, a next set of difficulties involves accomplishing that separation programmatically.

Having accomplished all that, overcoming the limitations of grep would be—relatively speaking—straightforward and just a token bit of extra effort.

So, yeah, all that's just too much work, especially if in the end it would only shed just a little additional light on this single issue.

So if "Knight" is the rank between Padawan and Master, what characters are there in the Clone Wars era who actually hold that rank? I'd think that Anakin would be a Knight
Yeah. Remember in ROTS, Anakin was incensed that he wasn't promoted to the rank of Master when he was put on the Jedi Council.
it's confusing
Yep!

---

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Actually in Germany it was: Rückkehr der Jedi Ritter
Ah, thanks! So a literal translation of that is Return of the Jedi Knights, then. Neat!