View Single Post
Old February 22 2013, 08:17 PM   #315
Christopher
Writer

Re: Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
One nitpick I have with the episode is with how the highly trained bodyguard died. Are you telling me he was too stupid to jump out of the way of the van at the last second? Even if he had killed the driver the van wouldn't have magically come to a complete stop.
I think the idea was that he was so dedicated to the girl's protection that he was willing to sacrifice his life if he could ensure that he took out the kidnappers. If he'd jumped out of the way, he might've missed an opportunity to take a final shot that would stop or kill the driver. So he kept on firing right up to the bitter end, not out of stupidity but because he put the girl's life ahead of his own.

Neroon wrote: View Post
Seeing the trailer last week, my wife's initial reaction was not great for the overall theme. She felt "you guys are going there, like so many other shows have done before?" and I can understand that.
As it happens, ABC's Tuesday 10 PM show Body of Proof began its new season this past week with part 1 of a 2-parter in which the lead character's teenage daughter is kidnapped. That's bad planning on ABC's part, I think, to have two such similar plotlines in the same 2-week span in shows that are broadcast on consecutive nights in the same time slot.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote