View Single Post
Old February 22 2013, 05:25 PM   #9
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Do you think record companies hire people to find illegal links?

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Game testing is not as fun as people think it is...it's basically doing the same damn thing over and over and over and over to lock down where a problem is. The polar opposite of fun. But a lot of jobs are like that, right? If you want to do QA, you'd have less competition in any other sort of software.
Yeah, QA of any product is not nearly as fun as people might think it is. Well, maybe it's fun with sex toys, I dunno.

I would strongly advise anyone who wants to go into the video game industry against it. If you want to do software, do enterprise-level stuff. Everyone wants to make games, so game programmers are a dime a dozen and get worked to death, because you're supposed to be happy with the "prestige" of working for EA or BioWare or whoever. Look up the reviews of video game companies on GlassDoor. Horror stories everywhere. They're practically sweatshops.
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote