View Single Post
Old February 22 2013, 07:06 AM   #5993
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

theenglish wrote: View Post
OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I've said before that Morrison's writing style is ill suited to a monthly publication format. The nature of comics being what they are, I should not have to go back and re-read the entire run to remember the tiniest minutia that he's touched on. A good comic can tell a lengthy story, but with Morrison's I come in every month thinking I've skipped an issue, or not remembering at all just what the heck was going on, and the issue does nothing to jog my memory. I do not have this problem with any other title that I read.
Thank God I'm not the only one. Reading his runs makes me feel like I am reading William S Burroughs.

That said, I like to go back and read from the beginning and it makes more sense.

I just wish to hell he would respect the continuity of other books in the DC universe--I still have not forgiven DC for the Countdown/Final Crisis fiasco.
So, you're saying heroin would help?
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote