View Single Post
Old February 21 2013, 08:25 PM   #149
ryan123450
Commodore

View ryan123450's Twitter Profile
Re: Countdown to Darkness - Review and Discussion

Ronald Held wrote: View Post
I have believed that the jjverse was a separate universe before the excursions of Nero and Spock. This seem to evidencecthat it is the caze, coming from Orci.
It seems to me that the current regime doesn't really have a hard and fast opinion or even understanding of the subject. When they wanted to make hardcore fanboys cool with the idea of changing the timeline (an idea necessitated by including Old Spock in a new 'reboot'), they said that it was a new timeline branching off from, but not destroying, the original.

Now they want the creative freedom to dump all the baggage of the old continuity, and so they ignore any requirements imposed on them by it pre-2233.

Since the evidence from the tie-ins continues to support the idea of a total reboot, and only one piece of evidence from the original film points to the pre-incursion timeline being the original Trek timeline (namely the casting of Leonard Nimoy), I'll go with all the other evidence that hints to the fact that this is a total reboot. I don't have a problem with that, I just wish we could acknowledge it and move on.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote