View Single Post
Old February 21 2013, 05:18 PM   #234
Christopher
Writer

Re: COUNTDOWN TO DARKNESS 5-page preview

^No reason why inconsistencies should ruin anything. It's fiction, after all. Every bit of it is just pretend, so it's not so horrible if you pretend that some earlier part happened differently than you pretended before. Sure, consistency is nice to have, but it's not the sole, exclusive priority of fiction.

And it's not like the makers of M*A*S*H had any idea that their show about a 3-year war would run for 11 seasons. Eventually they had no choice but to play fast and loose with continuity and chronology.

But I'm not talking about internal consistency here. What I'm saying is that, whatever Roberto Orci might say about the comics being "close to canon," he also quite explicitly says that they are not part of the canon, so whatever they establish should be treated as less authoritative than what's onscreen. In Lucasfilm terms, they're "secondary canon" at best.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote